January 29, 2019
JWOF accepting applications for
“Powerful Women…Next Generation” Scholarship
Deadline February 23, 2019
Applications are now being accepted for the Jamaican Women of Florida “Powerful Women…Next Generation” scholarship.
The scholarship, renewable annually, is awarded to a first or second generation, Jamaican-American female high school student attending college in Fall 2019. Valued at $1,250 yearly, the scholarship will encourage the recipient to achieve her four-year educational goal at a tertiary institution.
In order to meet the criteria for the scholarship opportunity, the candidate must be a resident of South Florida, and have a high school graduating 3.5 GPA, which must be maintained throughout the tenure of the scholarship, and evidenced on transcript provided from her school. Applications must be submitted by Saturday, February 23, 2019.
As part of the qualifying criteria, the candidate must compose an essay (not more than two (2) pages, double-spaced), explaining why she should be awarded this scholarship. The candidate is also required to demonstrate commitment as a volunteer in community projects by performing a minimum of forty hours per semester. The application material should include the following: (1) the essay, (2) list of volunteer/community projects and (3) school transcript (4) one or two letters of recommendation – one must be from school administrator, teacher or guidance counsellor (5) a resume and signed photograph of the candidate. These must be accompanied by candidate’s contact information (name/address/telephone/email address). The information must be emailed to Jamaican Women of Florida (JWOF) at firstname.lastname@example.org Application must be received by Saturday, February 23, 2019 by 6:00 p.m.
The recipient of the Powerful Women….Next Generation Annual Renewable Scholarship will be notified and is expected to be awarded at the sixth anniversary celebration of the JWOF organization which takes place at the Annual Women’s Empowerment Conference and Scholarship Luncheon, to be held on Saturday, March 23, at the Jungle Island, Miami Beach. Further details regarding the scholarship and anniversary celebration is available online www.JamaicanWomenOfFlorida.com
Jamaican Women of Florida (JWOF) 561-320-1391
The Jamaican Women of Florida (JWOF), Inc., is a Florida Not-For-Profit launched April, 2013 as an organization designed to provide an outlet for Jamaican women in Florida to empower themselves through networking, mentoring and personal development. The goal of JWOF is to engage Jamaican women in Florida and also to give back to the next generation of young women in Jamaica by assisting in the development of leadership and personal skills to operate in a global environment. JWOF is dedicated to Jamaican Women – Powerful Women . . . worldwide.
2019 Jamaican Women of Florida Scholarship Application Guidelines
Applications are now being accepted for the Jamaican Women of Florida “Powerful Women…Next Generation” Annual Renewable Scholarship. ONE scholarship, valued at $1,250.00 annually, is tenable for four (4) years at a post-secondary institution.
*Renewal of the)scholarship is based upon the recipient maintaining a 3.5 cumulative GPA throughout the duration of their college attendance*
Application requirements are as follows:
- *Application materials must be submitted by the DEADLINE of Thursday, February 23, 2019, 6:00 pm to email@example.com (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Applicants must be first or second generation, Jamaican-American female high school student resident of Florida who attends college in fall 2019.
- *Applicants must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA evidenced on a transcript from her school guidance department
- *Applicants must compose an essay (maximum two (2) pages, font size 11 Times New Roman, double-spaced), explaining why she should be awarded this scholarship.
- *Applicant must provide proof of commitment as a volunteer in community projects. (At least 40 hours minimum required per semester)
- *Also include 1 or 2 letters of recommendation. One must be from a teacher, guidance counselor/director or an administrator
- *Applicants are encouraged to pay attention to the accompanying rubric as they write their essay. This is the same rubric that will be used to score the application packet
- *All application materials must include applicant’s contact information (name/date-of-birth/address/telephone/email address)
- *A resume
- *A signed photograph
- *All required documents must be submitted as attachments in one email NO LATER THAN February 23, 2019, at 6:00 pm via: firstname.lastname@example.org NO EXCEPTIONS
NOTE: TO ACCEPT THE AWARD**Scholarship recipient is expected to be in attendance at the Jamaican Women of Florida’s Annual Women Empowerment Conference March 23, 2019
Details forthcoming upon announcement of scholarship winner .
|JWof Scholarship Rubric Template
Jamaican Women of Florida 2018-2019 Scholarship Rubric Template Applicant First/Last Name: ____________________________________________ Reviewer First/Last Name: ____________________________________________ Criteria Rating Scale 1-5 All parts of the application submitted and complete…